Who we are and what we do
Holyport Memorial Hall was built in 1954 and extended in 1985 with the sole aim of providing leisure and recreational facilities for the benefit of local people.
It is wholly owned by the village and run by the Holyport Community Trust. An elected management committee of volunteers is responsible for the upkeep and improvement of the hall, which is run on a non-profit-making basis. All monies raised go back into the hall for the benefit of the community, and improvements are constantly being made.
During Covid lockdown we carried out some major improvements to the Hall, including a refurbished floor and stage area, new boilers and a new smaller room at the back of the building with its own accessible loo, kitchenette, tables and chairs and projector and screen, which makes it ideal for meeting hires and for small-group activities.
Our current focus is on installing a new children’s playground. Work on the Platinum Playground is starting in August and the playground should be ready for use sometime in September.
The management committee is elected at our AGM every April.
Chairman: Mike Dyde
Treasurer: Sandy Slattery
Secretary: Melanie Dudley
Derek Wilson (Bray Parish Council representative)
Holyport Community Trust is a registered charity, number 1179097